About Westlake Design
We are a lively creative team of both designers and developers. We work with ad agencies, Fortune 500 companies and dozens of area businesses - both small and large - to develop creative identity and branding solutions for print and web. Our environment is relaxed (sometimes too relaxed), but we have fun and we deliver. We offer an environment that fosters personal growth and creativity.
Current WD Openings
We’re looking for a web developer who has the drive to go from good to great. You will work under the lead developer and be involved in all aspects of the development process (client-side, server-side, support, etc.). We will expect you to participate in brainstorming, scoping, and prototyping. This person needs to be a self-starter who thrives in a start-up environment.
Minimum 2 years experience. Must show 3–5 examples of work.
- Standards based and accessible CSS/HTML5
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Experience in MVC frameworks (primarily Ruby on Rails)
- Experience in relational databases (Mysql, Postgres)
- Familiarity with OOP terms and concepts
Our Development Environment
- Mac OS X
- Git version control system
- Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Photoshop)
- Nginx on Amazon Web Services (EC2)
- Familiarity with iOS Development, Xcode
- SEM, SEO experience
- eCommerce integration
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Java, Groovy / Grails, PHP, Python / Django
If you have what it takes, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include your Github repositories, Stack Overflow profile, or other related examples.